How to find appropriate galleries to approach with your work.
1-UNDERSTANDING THE SPACE
Understanding the space as you begin to look for galleries is important. Two things you want to keep in mind as you begin to look for galleries:
- THE TYPE OF GALLERY IT IS
- THEIR PROGRAM
2-GALLERIES AND SPACES THAT ARE LOCAL TO YOU
- Understand your art scene and all the spaces available to you.
- Expand from where you are located to include all spaces in local cities.
- Look for:
- White Cube Galleries
- Artist Co-ops
3-ADD THE SPACES TO YOUR LIST
Add these spaces to your list that is stored in our ILYW File System you downloaded.
In your list, make sure you have:
- Type of Space
- Do they accept proposals? When?
- Person in Charge/Gallerist
A contemporary is an artist you see yourself in whether it be the type of work they make or where they are in their career.
What artists are you following online that are at a similar place in their career?
- Look at these artist’s CV and the spaces they have shown.
- Add the spaces to your list