your work is worthy
with Erika b Hess
Are you ready to confidently get your work out there?
If so, join The Works!
The Works is a comprehensive professional practice course designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge to create/update your materials, effectively utilize social media, build your website, and more! Erika, an experienced curator, and artist, shares her invaluable behind-the-scenes tips from running multiple open calls throughout the year.
Learn to trust your materials and confidently find the right audience for your work!
Then check out The Works!
Gain confidence and feel organized so you can get back into the studio!
Your Membership Includes...
Four Lessons a Month Taught by Erika b Hess ($450 a mth)
Private Artist Community ($67)
BONUS: Monthly Live Events ($120)
BONUS: Downloads and Resource Library
Total Monthly Value of $637 for ony $47!!
48 Lessons & Goals for One Year ($5400)
Private Artist Community for a Year ($804))
BONUS: Live Events ($1440)
BONUS: Downloads & Resource Library
Total Value of $7644 for only $470!!
- Weekly videos by Erika b Hess to develop your professional practice.
- This means you get four in-depth lessons a month!
- Weekly goals to help you move forward in your Professional Practice.
- In order to move forward, we need not just to learn but do!
- A private community to connect with artists, ask questions, and get feedback on your work and materials.
- Support others and get support!
- BONUS: LIVE EVENTS
- BONUS: Artist Talks/Critiques- We hold artist talks so you can learn/hear from other artists and get feedback
- BONUS: Professionals in the Field-We bring in amazing professionals to give a talk about a range of professional practice topics! Examples include: Photographing Work, Approaching Spaces
Reels and Engagement
Finding Your audience and how to connect
How to Apply to Open Calls
Residencies and Academic Jobs
Studio Visits /Gallery Basics
Giving an Artist Talks
Write your own feature
I am a painter with an active studio practice and gallery representation. You may know me from the podcast, I Like Your Work which I created and currently host. We also curate open calls and exhibitions. On top of this I’m a mom to three so I understand the need for time management. I received my MFA from Boston University, spent three years in NYC working as a studio assistant to amazing artists, and then worked in art admissions reviewing artwork. I co-founded MUSA Collective, an artist collective in Boston, MA because I realized how crucial community for artists really is. I love artists. I love being one, I love talking to fellow artists and I genuinely want others to succeed which is why I started this membership.
No. The membership is designed to have each lesson build on the previous one so each month, you receive four lessons. This allows you time to work on the lesson at hand and achieve your goal. Remember it is implementing the GOAL that moves you forward.
What if I want to skip ahead?
We have carefully designed the curriculum to drip out at a pace that allows you to absorb the material and take action. Even though it may feel like going faster is better, our experience has shown that our members get the best results when they go one step at a time so for this reason you cannot skip ahead.